The Titan’s Executive Board would like to reassure our members that we are dedicated to proceeding with planning a 2020 season, as we do hope to have a season. Rugby Canada has announced that the Novel COVID-19 virus spread has suspended rugby sanctioned events and play until April 10th, 2020. At that time, RC will reassess the situation, but we are hopeful that we will know more in the next 2 weeks about what the rugby season will look like. We are currently looking at all angles and are trying to be proactive with this situation. Please be patient, we will try to keep our community informed on the Facebook groups/page and Instagram
Thank you for your time,
Titan’s Executive Board
SENIOR MEN’S 2019
Rookie of the Year – Clay Willie
Most Improved – Branden Waters
Heart Award – Zachary Zuber
Forward of the Year – Harrison Blizzard
Back of the Year – Kevin Hayton
SENIOR WOMEN’S – PREMIER 2019
Rookie of the Year – Emily Brown
Most Improved – Gwen Fillinger
Heart Award – Sierra Laye
Forward of the Year – Leah Brunner
Back of the Year – Lora Lee
SENIOR WOMEN’S 2019
Rookie of the Year – Cailey MacDonald
Most Improved – Alyssa Henderson
Heart Award – Erika Green
Forward of the Year – Avy Lamb
Back of the Year – Laeken Kinch
All Blacks Legend Joe Rokocoko says “PLAY TITANS RUGBY!”.
Rookie Rugby (non-contact Flag rugby) at Westerner Renegades Indoor Soccer Pitch: U7 – U16
Dates: Nov. 24, Dec. 1, Jan. 19, 26, Feb. 2, 9, March 8. (7 sessions)
$10. Next sibling $5.
Titans Parents/Members: Rookie Rugby – Indoor Non-contact Flag
RUGBY YOUTH DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS
Position Available: Sport Administration Intern
Term: 8 week terms; May-June or July-August
Hours: 30 hours per week
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Position Locations: Red Deer
Titans Rugby Club has received funding under Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs Program for the employment of individuals for 30 hours per week for 8 weeks during the 2019 summer period. There is some flexibility in terms of the contract periods and could be May-June or July-August.
The Youth Development Officer Intern will be a motivated and energetic person looking to develop their skills and experience in sport management and administration, teaching, recreation or non-profit areas.
Under Service Canada’s requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program, to be eligible the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Grant Information:As this position is funded by Service Canada, the funds must be applied for therefore are not guaranteed. Notification of success is likely to be received in late April, early May.:
Experience or current post-secondary enrollment in one of the following fields of study is preferred:
- Recreation and Sport ManagementEducation
- Non-Profit ManagementEvent
- Community DevelopmentVolunteer Management
Provide a current Criminal Record Check with specific reference to the Vulnerable Sector
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage and develop relationships with local elementary and middle schools with the goal of conducting Rookie Rugby sessions in PE classes and afterschool programs.
- Organize and conduct a Rugby Try Days for local junior high schools. Engage and develop relationships with local community groups (ideally one under-served community) with the goal of conducting Rookie Rugby sessions in these groups (includes after school, weekend, and summer programs).
- Assist in the training of school teachers, community staff, and club volunteers in Rookie Rugby Instructor Training sessions.
- Support the local community rugby clubs in relevant minor club development, promotion, and activities (including organizing and hosting Try Rugby Days).
- Grounds keeping, maintenance around the club and facilities
- Assist with the club house and facilities
Skills / Requirements:
- Self-starterEnjoys working with children
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Current understanding of the game of rugby
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Computer aptitudes
- Experience coaching children (Preferred)
- Rugby experience (Not required, but preferred)
Please submit your resume and cover letter by May 4 2019
Youth Member-at-Large – Caroline Tindall – email@example.com