Another rugby weekend has come and gone, here’s what was going on:
- Our U13 Girls squad were in Edmonton visiting the Nor’westers and did fantastic! Thanks to Natalie for keeping us in the loop!
- The U13 boys trucked their way to yet another win against the Bow Valley Grizzlies U13 boys, 73 – 5. Can they be stopped?
- The U15 boys built on last week and won a great game against the U15 Bow Valley Grizzlies 40 – 15. Thanks Lisa for the posts and pictures! Momentum is building for our boys with these well deserved wins. (Feature photo – Coach Derrek gives the boys a half-time pep talk)
- The Titan’s Senior Women faced off against the Irish Women’s Green squad. After a struggle in the 1st half, our women rallied back, played hard, and won 50 – 32. Coach Bowd says the women really pulled together for the win. This will be the Women’s squad’s last scheduled match until after the mid season break (Spring Cup style), and the new summer schedule will be posted once we know it.
- It was a long day for the Titan’s Senior Men. Both 2nd and 3rd division men traveled to the Calgary Rugby Union to face the Canucks for a pair of matches. Numbers were low, and many had to play in both games. In a tight game all the way, the 3rds lost 24 – 17. The 2nd division was tied 17 – 17 at the half, but in the second half the Canucks pulled ahead and the final score was 42 – 17. Back to the drawing board for the Titan’s Senior men, as they still have games each of the next two weeks before their mid-season break. Photos from the second div match.
- Back at Titans field later in the evening, the “Titans Elite 18” U18 men’s and women’s squads both played against Calgary Mavericks representative selections. Central Alberta rugby’s most promising young men and women showed very well against their Calgary Mavericks equivalents. It was a great evening of rugby and a big “slap hands” to all the U18s that were involved.
- MONDAY UPDATE: Charles and Winston of Zed 98.9 Fame. Even when they agree they still disagree!
That’s all for this week, make sure you get out to practice!