Week 2 is over. Results:
- Women win a barn burner against the Airdrie Highlanders 93-7. Airdrie welcomed the learning experience and a Highlander representative pointed out that our girls were all class in the victory. Good show!
- Both men’s teams had challenging days. The 3rd division men lost 33-19 to the Rams, followed by a 48-19 drubbing at the hands of their 2nd division. The day wasn’t all bad though – both teams showed heart and pride, for example the 2nd division men who held the Rams to a single try in the second half while scoring 3 of their own.
This weekend Sunday was a rugby day too:
- Minis (U7-U11) all played at the CRU Sunday morning
- U13 boys steam rolled the Saints 50-17, and with 2 wins in a row, is this the start of a streak? Time will tell!
- U15 boys won a fully sanctioned and agreed upon game of 11’s with the Saints who were struggling with numbers 32-5. Great learning experience for many as they had opportunities to play new positions!
- Great sportsmanship from both boys teams, we received comments from coaches and refs alike. These kids are setting an example for our club!
With a long weekend break training will be especially important this week, so every one please try and make it out. Special Note: U15 boys practice is being moved to Tuesday evening, same time and place.
Thanks to Heidi Hastings for the featured photo! (And yes, I managed to work my way into this week’s photo again.)